Software Renewals Process
An established software company was having trouble tracking customer renewals of support and maintenance contracts. The process was managed by the Administrative team, but the tools being used (email and spreadsheet) limited visibility by other teams into customer status.
- All customer renewals were tracked through the CRM as a sales opportunity.
- The internal database used by customer support was established as the system of record (rather than a spreadsheet).
- We initiated a project to ensure the internal database records were complete and accurate, with clear master data definitions.
- We updated the Customer support process to ensure entitlement was checked before providing support.
- Less management time required for renewals process
- Improved accuracy in establishing entitlement
- Overall shift to treating renewals as Sales opportunity